Reupholstery vs New
Custom Upholstery & Repairs
Reupholstery vs. Buying New
When your furniture begins to look a little worn and patchy, it can be tempting to start afresh: buy new furniture, move on, give the old to a second-hand store. But is this always the best choice when you could save your favorite pieces with our fast, efficient, and affordable reupholstery services?
Before you decide to throw out the old and go shopping, consider the possible advantages of reupholstery vs. buying new. Once you’re convinced to keep your furniture, give us a call so we can them feel brand-new!
Reupholstery vs. Buying New: What Are the Benefits?
Reupholstery is when you clothe an old piece of furniture in new material. You keep the old frame, so it’s a good way to keep a much-loved piece of furniture while replacing material that may have been damaged or faded over time.
We offer numerous options for designing your upholstery to match your taste and habitat.
Our technician will show you samples onsite to choose from.
Advantages of reupholstery vs. buying new include:
- Higher quality frame. Much of the affordable furniture we can buy today is mass-produced. This means that the materials used to make it are often of lesser quality than older pieces of furniture. The construction may also not have been handled by seasoned professionals — modern “flat-pack” furniture is assembled at home. While this makes it easier to get into a house and is cost-effective, it means there’s little quality control when it comes to sturdiness and assembly.
- Keeping heirloom pieces. Large items of furniture like sofas are often handed down generations. This means that they often have sentimental value, and you may wish to one day hand them down to your children. Reupholstering is a great way to keep these items looking good without having to throw them out.
- Wide range of design options. Reupholstery means that you can pick from a huge range of fabrics and designs. We can cut the fabric to fit your furniture. When you’re buying new, items are typically sold as a set package: the fabric and the design are predetermined.
Advantages of buying new include:
- Choice of size. Older items can often be too bulky for modern living rooms. Even if you’ve inherited a sentimental piece, it may simply be unworkable in your current setup.
- Low price. Modern items of furniture are typically much cheaper than in the past. This means that buying new is a more affordable option today than it used to be.
- Convenience. Buying new is often as simple as looking through a catalog and arranging delivery. Some consider this an easier option than finding a high-quality upholstery provider.
In general, reupholstering an old piece of furniture means that you get the best of both worlds. You get a high-quality frame made using traditional methods and a wide choice of design and fabric options. It’s also far easier and more convenient than people think: talk to us to learn more about how easily we can refit your furniture.
Our expert reupholsters can re-invent your items so they can last for years to come.
With our extensive experience with residential & commercial projects there is almost any job we can’t handle. Call us today to get started.
How Much Does It Cost to Reupholster a Sofa or Chair?
The cost of upholstery reflects the quality of materials used and the craftsmanship used in upholstering your furniture. It’s not as simple as putting a glove on a hand: the new fabric has to be fitted perfectly onto the frame and attached using durable fastenings. This means that it will last so much longer than the materials used to clad modern items.
This also means that you can’t just compare the cost of reupholstering an item with buying a single replacement. The new cladding may last for as long as several cheap replacement items, meaning that your money travels a lot further. Find out more about the quality materials we use and how we service your furniture by speaking to us today.
Reupholstery vs. Buying New: Which is More Convenient?
Reupholstery is an extremely convenient service. A member of our team can visit your home to discuss the item in question and give you a full range of design options, as well as advise you on the best materials for your needs.
For example, if you have pets, we can provide a guide to the most durable and scratch-resistant materials. This process can take a day or a few weeks — the luxury of choice is yours.
Delivery of new items can take a long time, and you may find it difficult to schedule delivery around your working life. Our reupholstery services come at your convenience: we can arrange our visits around your schedule, as well as pick up and deliver your furniture.
Get in touch today to find out just how easy it is to schedule service.
Transform your reupholstery to match your imagination.
Every sofa or armchair has its own unique vibe and atmosphere. Tell us your preferences and will do our best to satisfy your needs.
Environmental Impact of Reupholstery vs. Buying New
One of the major problems with modern, mass-produced furniture is its environmental impact. Factory production causes more emissions than traditional wood-crafting methods. The mass-produced, low-quality of these products leads people to dispose of their modern furniture far more than older pieces.
Reupholstery has a much smaller carbon footprint. We’re always happy to discuss the environmental benefits of our services, so call us today to learn more.
What Quality Can You Expect When We Reupholster Your Furniture?
We use only the finest materials in our work. So regardless of which fabric you choose for your furniture, it’ll be of the highest quality available. We do this for two reasons:
- We believe that heritage furniture deserves the best. We want every piece we work with to be as visually stunning as it is well-made.
- Using higher-quality materials means that you can expect many years of service from our work. We want every customer we serve to be delighted with what they see for years to come.
We want you to be amazed at how durable and attractive your furniture is when we’ve worked our magic. Get in touch to learn more about the materials we use.
What is the Best Fabric for Reupholstery?
There’s no single “best fabric.” It depends entirely on your preferences and needs. Some fabrics are more durable and easier to clean: these make great choices if you have pets or small children. Some are incredibly soft to the touch and perfect for reclining after a long day, while others exemplify the grandeur that your heritage furniture already possesses.
We’re happy to discuss fabrics, listen to your needs, and offer advice with our reupholstery services. Get in touch to find out more!
Ready to Save Money with Fast and Efficient Reupholstery?
We believe in quality that lasts. Beautify your old furniture and find a fabric that matches its high-quality construction by using our premier upholstery services today. Contact us to learn more about how we can transform your old furniture for years to come.
Why choose us
- Free Estimate
- Pickup & Delivery
- 15 years experience
- Clear and straightforward pricing
- Award winning service
- Wide range of fabric options
Contact Us or Visit Our Shop Today.
New York, NY 10018